Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Monday, May 07, 2007

kitty: Maryland Sheep and Wool 2007

Maryland Sheep and Wool 2007
click to see larger photo
Jacob Sheep
Rows of Roving
Lily needed them both
It is all about sheep
Electric Spinners
Bobbin Lace
Hand made wheels made by a craftsman who makes musical instruments
To table or not that is the question
Its all about the animals or should be
Mia making a new friend
Book Chakra Spinning wheels
Hi!
Harper's Fairy
a cute chair

"Knit Buddies in Action"
We both so wanted this Great Wheel. It is just an amazing piece of equipment and workmanship. It really made you feel like a spinner. Though MG had to help me get the wheel started as I spun off the quill.

The Good: loved ones, good friends, cute animals, amazing hand made looms and wheels, natural dyes, yarns, roving, perfect weather, LOVED the Navajo Booth that was new this year, just all and all fiber goodness

The Bad: each year it seems to becomes more commercialized and you start to see the same things in lots of the booth, acrylic yarn shouldn't be allowed, absents of the small farmers who bring there goods, not a lot of natural dyes goods (One vendor who I bought from last year said, that with the wholesale business she can not afford to do the hand dyes due to time/cost. Though that was what made her known.), I didn't see any the one man shows (Where the person would spin their yarn, raise the animals, and process it himself or herself)


Had you told me 5 years ago that I would be driving all night to go see sheep and look at fiber, I would have told you, you were crazy. It is hard to believe that I have just gotten back from my third MS&W.

Our little carpool of people increased to three this year. Which is super cool since that means that MG got to join M and I on our trip. Hope she was not to terrorized by Java Posse Pod cast all night long.

Once we got to MS&W we meet up with Mia in the morning to spend a fun filled fiber day together. It always makes it more special to spend time with friends you never get to see. The day was amazing seeing all the fiber, yarn, spinning and weaving on different equipment and spending lots of money on supplies that will hopefully hold my needs for a while.

And wait wait wait... I finally got to meet Andrea from Mellowtrouble. The five of us all had dinner together in Maryland. I was just sad that I didn't get to spend more time with her or meet her kitties. Next time I hope!

Cheers to another MS&W!!!

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you got to meet Andrea. She's super cool and super nice and I miss her now that she's in Maryland.
    Looks like you all had a great time. Too bad about the commercialization aspect of MS&W. Let's hope the trend gets reversed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. meow, it's fun to see my trip documented while i'm still on it. :) will you be showing your loot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I think if MG hasn't been traumatized by M by now, she is fine.

    And I am happy to see that you at least got to drive through one of my favorite places - Harper's Ferry.

    And please show off your loot. Or I will.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was so great to finally meet you! i'm sure mg will tell you all about our great time together, but know you were definitely missed ~ now, i just have *got* to get over to ohio, huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete