Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Kitty: Happy Birthday Mom!

This year as part of your gift I thought we could work on a craft project. Some of my happiest childhood memories are setting on the green couch working on a project with you and granddaddy doing his petit-point on the other end. It has been a long time since I curled up on your knee and fell asleep with you crocheting above my head. Even though many miles separate us, I figure this was a way for us to share some mother and daughter time together once again. So I bought us both the same sock yarn so we could knit ourselves socks.

I knew you had wanted to knit the socks you saw on knitty gritty, but I couldn't find the yarn they called for. So I looked really hard to try to find a comparable sock yarn that most important was washable. I didn't see you hand washing your mommy daughter house socks.

Once you are ready let me know and I will cast on with you. Then I will post my updates as our socks grow. Happy Birthday, Mommy!

(PS. I didn't make it to the mailbox today so it will go in tomorrow. )

 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday from me too. Wishes for a wonderful day and good year to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a thoughtful gift! happy birthday, kitty kitty's mom!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KITTY KITTY'S MOM
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

    hope you have a great new year. with warm socks for your feet!

    Rose

    ReplyDelete