Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Kitty: Happy Birthday Mom!

This year as part of your gift I thought we could work on a craft project. Some of my happiest childhood memories are setting on the green couch working on a project with you and granddaddy doing his petit-point on the other end. It has been a long time since I curled up on your knee and fell asleep with you crocheting above my head. Even though many miles separate us, I figure this was a way for us to share some mother and daughter time together once again. So I bought us both the same sock yarn so we could knit ourselves socks.

I knew you had wanted to knit the socks you saw on knitty gritty, but I couldn't find the yarn they called for. So I looked really hard to try to find a comparable sock yarn that most important was washable. I didn't see you hand washing your mommy daughter house socks.

Once you are ready let me know and I will cast on with you. Then I will post my updates as our socks grow. Happy Birthday, Mommy!

(PS. I didn't make it to the mailbox today so it will go in tomorrow. )

 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday from me too. Wishes for a wonderful day and good year to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a thoughtful gift! happy birthday, kitty kitty's mom!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww.. Happy Birthday Kitty Kitty's Mom. How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KITTY KITTY'S MOM
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

    hope you have a great new year. with warm socks for your feet!

    Rose

    ReplyDelete