Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Kitty: Hubbies Harry Potter Scarf is Done!

The Specs:
Pattern: Harry Potter Gryffindor Prisoner of Azkaban Scarf
Yarn: 15 skeins of Karabella Aurora 8 in colour #2 and 2 skeins of Karabella Aurora 8 in Colour #704 (from the sweet gals at Kpixie)
Needles: Size US 7 Circular
Don't you just hate it when Leviosa doesn't work!

It's Done! It's Done! My dear hubby has his Harry Potter Scarf by January 19th. :) It would have been done much quicker but I ran out of yarn and had to wait until Kpixie could find more. I couldn't believe how much yarn this scarf drank up. I am so happy with how it turned out in the end though. I only hope now that M enjoys it and it keeps him warm for years to come.

So you see, I have been training this week for the Knitting Olympics, 6,900 stitches in 1*1 ribbing in one evening. Just joking, I wasn't really training, but I was really curious how fast I could knit in an evening. Since I really wanted to make my self imposed deadline of exactly midnight on Jan 18. I was taking the last stitch off the needle at midnight.

Though if I had been a Japanese Animation Character I would have had oversized red hands throbbing, little sweat beads rolling down the forehead, and a look of sheer drive to get it done.

I am also trying to figure out what to knit for the Knitting Olympics. I haven't signed up yet, but I am really tempted.

3 comments:

  1. That has got to be the yummiest yarn to make that scarf in. And I love the yellow fringe too! It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could the Leviosa spell not work for someone wearing such a fabulous Gryffindor scarf?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic scarf! And a happy-looking hubby. I was surfing Mugglenet.com this morning and suddenly was taken with the desire to knit me and my husband some scarves. I think he'd be a Ravenclaw...

    Heidi
    http://absintheknits.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete