Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

kitty: this kitty loves habu/avril

Wow, I just looked at the lack of posting as of late. I guess what MG always says is true; I am a fair weather craft blogger. If the project I am working on is going well I freely post. If the project I am working on sucks eggs you don't hear a peep out of me. Guess I just don't want to b**ch about how bad it is turning out or how the translation sucks. As mom use to say, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." The Phildar cardigan that I posted about back in October is done except for the buttons. So all I can say is that it is done. Maybe some harsh blocking will improve the finished product, but I don't have high hopes.

So on to the positive post of what I am working on. After Felicia, from Sweet Georgia posted about her trip to AVRIL I knew I had to dig up a Habu kit to knit out of my stash. As you probably know I have a great weakness for Habu yarn store in NYC, so the thoughts of AVRIL just makes me gitty.

The funny thing was that I hadn't put two and two together that AVRIL was the supplier for HABU. I stumbled across AVRIL when I was surfing Amazon JP and found Setsuko Torii book that was released in September. It has been waiting on my wish list until there is more I want to order from JP.

The Specs:
Pattern:
item #: Kit-78 "Kusha Kusha" silk stainless steel & merino knit felt scarf
Yarn:
super fine merino wool in 28 Bordeaux & silk stainless steel
Time:
still in progress
Cost: $24.00

The transfer line from yarn A & B to just B.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting texture. Hmmmm now I wanna find out more. Thanks for the links! The yarn photographs beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you need to stick your head up out of the sand and post even if you are fustrated with theproject. :)

    ReplyDelete