Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Sunday, January 07, 2007

kitty: long waited FO post!

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday and that Santa's Elves were very good to you.

Sorry for essentially vanishing, but deadlines have been pretty much been taking up all my waking moments. The end of the year is always a crazy time for my company, but enough said about that since it is a fresh new year. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I do have a couple of almost FO's to share and a sneak peak of another finished FO. So this will be a heavy photo post. :)

The Specs:
Pattern:
item #: Kit-78 "Kusha Kusha" silk stainless steel & merino knit felt scarf
Yarn:
super fine merino wool in 28 Bordeaux & silk stainless steel
Time:
On and Off 2 very long months
Cost: $24.00

So, now the million dollar question, do I have the nerve to felt it like the instructions in the kit? If the edges didn't roll so badly in the merino area to be honest I probably wouldn't felt it. The fabric really is amazing.

So here it is, my 3-yard long habu scarf before felting. All it is left is a weaving in the ends and a hot bath.

Although the scarf is just stocking knit, it has not been easy by any stretch of the work. I think I have dropped more stitches during this project than anything I have even knitted. The major problem is that I only owned one non-metal pair of needles for the smaller sizes needed and the stitches have just fell off the needles. M though has gotten good about holding needles perfectly still as I pick up stitches that had run 20 rows.

So, the next FO on the list of projects would have to be:

The Specs:
Pattern: "Hurry up and Wait" (My Own Pattern)
Yarn:
Shelridge Farm, R.R. #2, ON Canada NOB 1 BO - in Thistle Flower 100% Wool Soft Touch Ultra
Time: 10 hours
Cost:
Unknown since it was a Sweet Halloween Gift from Mia

"Hurry up and Wait" socks have actually been done for a while, but I didn't want to post about them until my mom received them in her Christmas package.

I really hope she likes them, you know what they say. "A hand knit sock is like a warm hug every time you put them on."

And the final sneak peak;

I will post more about the yarn I spun before Thanksgiving after the recipient receives her very late gift. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you kitty for hosting the contest! *grins I'm still can't believe I won! Love that habu scarf. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your mom liked her socks. Let me know if she likes pink and yellow together because I have some nice sock yarn in pink and yellow that you can use to make her another pair.

    And I wonder who the yarn is for..... ;) I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete