Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tentou Mushi on a Thursday

Tentou Mushi...

Ladybug, Ladybug, fly away home....
your house is on fire, and your children will burn.
Except little Nan, who sits in a pan,
weaving gold laces as fast as she can!

Pattern:Thursday by Kirsten Johnstone
Fiber: 4 cones - Habu Textiles A-1 2/17 Tsumugi Silk

I thought it was insanely appropriate that the little ladybug landed on the golden sweater. She didn't want to leave until I made a wish and blew gently.

I truly loved this pattern. Kirsten did a really beautiful job with the design and the write up of the pattern. The sleek architectural lines and gentle folds of fabric really made me fall in love with the original design.

 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful sweater! Unfortunately, we have swarms of ladybugs here--I hate them. I have to sweep them up by the bucket in the fall. And they fall into my coffee, too. Ugh ugh ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous sweater!! Looks like an awesome layering piece. I remember ladybugs being red, but it's been years since i've seen a red one- they all seem to be brownish or orangey. I guess that says something about the state of the environment. :(

    -Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have strange coloured ladybugs here in GA too.. some of them are a beautiful amber! I love your sweater.. Habu makes some very interesting garments! I love how their stuff isn't like ANYTHING you've seen before.. fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the fold drapes so beautifully in the yarn you chose. love the way you paired it with a stripey shirt; totally cute.

    ReplyDelete