Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

kitty: New project on the needle, Abyss by Olga Buraya-Kefelian

Name: Abyss Jacket
Designer: Olga Buraya-Kefelian
Pattern Book: Ori Ami Knits
Fibers: Habu Textiles A-1 2/17 Tsumugi Silk / 3 cones of colour # 32 (Avril colour code), 3 cones of colour #40, 6 cones of colour #46 in 2 dye lots
Needles: 5mm / 8
It's slowly coming along, though I am not going to make it for St. Patrick's Day (No I wasn't trying for the date, but my neighbor asked me when she saw the sweater while I was taking photos. It really made me laugh). I have about 3 inches before it is time to break for the underarms. So far I am absolutely loving the design and the fabric that it is creating.

Essentially the 4 colours are creating a really complex tweedy green which I am ecstatic about . I can not wait to see how the sweater turns out.

I am quickly in need of some dressy spring clothes so this will be perfect. Beautiful design Olga. :)

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Isn't that stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an intersting design! I love the yarn you are using too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great to see progress photos.
    i just love those tabs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh! it's gorgeous!!
    love the way those tabs fit together so so much.

    --mg

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's coming out gorgeous. you chose the perfect colors for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that yarn is amazing.

    ReplyDelete