Today's entries are Steak Crackers and a French Vanilla Custard Fruit Tart. I figured I needed to do two recipes today because France had such a resounding win today. The largest scoring for any game so far
Nothing really says summer to me better than a Custard Fruit Tart. Something really light and happy with berries on top always puts me in a good mood. Traditionally you would melt down a cup of jam to pain your fruit, but I have never liked the texture. I just soak my fruit in vanilla powder and sugar instead before putting the fruit on the tart.
|French Vanilla Custard Fruit Tart|
|Short Bread Crust (Recipe was originally given to me by an old friend to make short bread cookies. The recipe works for both. Thanks always C.T.)|
|1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup of natural sugar
1/4 of a teaspoon of salt
10 Tablespoons of butter
1 large egg yolk
|1) Add the sugar to the food processor and pulse for 2-5 minutes until you have turned the natural sugar almost into confectioner's sugar
2) Add the rest of the dry ingredients to the food processor and pulse them to combine.
3) Cut up the butter and slowly add the butter to the dry ingredients, pulse the ingredients until the mixture looks like the coarse meal.
|4) Break up the egg yolk with your hands and add it to the mixture. You will want to pulse the mixture until it comes together|
|5) Butter and flower a fluted tart pan with a removable bottom and press the dough evenly over the surface of the pan.
6) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
7) Butter a piece of aluminum foil that fits the bottom and the sides of the crust and place it on top of the dough and cook for 30 minutes
8) Remove the aluminium foil and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
9) Let cool for at least 30 minutes before you are ready to assemble
|2 cups of Whole Milk
7 large egg yolks
1/3 cup of cornstarch
1/2 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
4 tablespoons of salted butter
|1) Add Milk and vanilla to a sauce pan and bring the mixture up to boil while cooking on low.|
2) In another bowl whisk the yolks, sugar, and cornstarch together in a metal bowl.
1 tablespoon each bowl Natural Sugar
Shake of Vanilla Powder
|1) Wash the fruits and put to marinate with 1tablespoon of sugar per bowl and a shake of vanilla powder to each bowl
2) Allow to marinate for 30 minutes
|1) Pour the cooled custard into the tart shell
2) Add the fruit to the top of the custard
|2 Small steaks
Chopped Black Olives
Fruity Red Wine
|1) Place 2 small steaks on the grill and sear with the red wine on each side
|2) Place a handful of the olives on one side of the steak while it finishes to cook on the finale flip|
|1 cracker, a small smear of cream cheese, a small bite of steak, 1/2 half of grape tomato, and a piece of the hot olive.|