Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Kitty: HAPPY NEW YEARS

WELCOME YEAR 4702, Year of the Rooster

Cock-a-doodle-doo! Gong Xi Fa Cai to one and all!

So are you a "rooster," you are probably wondering. You are a "rooster" if you were born in 1921, 1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005. Roosters are suppose to be hard-working and definite about their decisions. They speak there mind.

There are 12 animals in the system that cycle every 12 years. 2 more years until year of the PIG.

Rat Ox Tiger Hare Dragon Snake Horse Sheep Monkey Rooster Dog Pig

No dumplings last night for me at midnight, I was pretty sad. I didn't have time yesterday to get supplies. So we went out to dinner and got our long leafy vegetables, duck, and tons of dim sum. We didn't forget to over buy so that we could have plenty of left overs for the new year insuring some good luck hopefully. The house is clean and woho no trash will leave the house for 5 days.

My husband and I stayed up to watch the international channel Chinese New Years show. Well ok we watched 50% of it, the sitcom acts are so bad. We also saw a really sad performance from Jackie Chan. He sang with the Shalin Temple performing group, and then performed with them. It is just really sad to see that he is getting really old, his little round martial arts muscles have changed to a bulk. His moves have really slowed. I know he is getting old, but it is hard to see an idol age. The Asian children were absolutely amazing performing the movements from the different disciplines were amazing. Staffs that look like star burst. Swords flying when Jackie walked in on stage. Kids slinging bright green whips around there body, flying at lightening speed. A little kid doing long fist on top of drums being held on 13 men's heads. This was my absolute favorite skit. The Red Fan dance was also pretty cool. It started out with 12 fans opening one after the other on peoples heads. I am guessing they were pulling wires.

And yes, I did knit all through the show. I swatched more for the orange sweater and worked more on my scarf.

Yesterday though was a good and bad knitting day.

I traveled down to Wolfe Fiber Arts, my favorite local LSY. All the windows were covered with paper, a giant sign saying sale canceled, and a note on the door saying all inventory had been sold to knittersmercantile.com. WHAT????????? NO???????? I was mad, I was upset, oh and desperate since they had the gift I wanted to get for my SP4. There are 2 more stores in town, one is more the baby afghan crowd and one is a really high end crowd. Wolfe was more an all around store, with spinning and weaving. I AM SO UPSET. :'(

On the plus side my amazon order came and a gift with lovely knitting books in hand. I haven't had time to read them, but I went ahead and added them to the library section.

I also found some lovely wooden straight cable needles. So as you can tell, it was a mixed day. Happy stash enhancements but knitting devastation as well.

Happy New Year to all! Hope the year of the rooster will be good for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment