Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Friday, September 02, 2005

Kitty: SP5 and Crafters unite for Katrina

September 2005

Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa 
             1  2  3 
 4  5  6  7  8  9 10 
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
25 26 27 28 29 30 


September 1, 2005; So what's important about today. Time to reveal your identities to your Secrete Pal. I know my SP5 already got her final package on Saturday so it is safe for me to reveal. Hehehe, sorry I made you wait until wed to open it though Kathy. I had Kathy over at StringWeaver . It has really been a blast spoiling her. Dropping her emails on and off and finding out more about her and her crafting experiences over the years. Her blog is fairly new, but I look forward to keeping up with her in the months to come. Thanks Kathy for being a great Pal. :) Good Luck with the school year to come.

 
 
 
A
 
A
T
 
 
 
 
 

My Little Hangman is still waiting to find out the identity of the person who had me. :( Hopefully I will know soon.


On a very sad note there are a lot of crafters looking to make a difference:

Mellow Trouble posted about don't forget all the animals in need as well; North shore animal League America, Noah's Wish, Network for Good (I am so thankful she was home safe from her conference 12 days ago.)

Mia also pointed out another place we might not have thought of, National Volunteer Fire Council. Since she is a volunteer firewoman this is a cause that is dear to her heart and her family.

Marnie today posted about WEBS at www.yarn.com offering to donate 10% of the sales until Sept 10 to Hurricane relief. (Also have you checked out her scarf on MagKnits that just got posted.)

Also Wee Wonderful has offered her adorable doll and apron up for auction to donate the money to the Red Cross.

Scottish Lamb is holding a raffle for all those who donate.

I know a lot of crafters have already posted about Crafters United, but I figured another link wouldn't hurt.


For the RPG gaming croud: White Wolf is contributing 50% of all online slaes of Vampire: The Requiem, New Orleans, VII

No comments:

Post a Comment