Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Kitty: The Painful Brown Sleeves

Why oh why Brown Phildar Sweater do your sleeves not fit, me? How many times do I need to rip them out, and re knit the caps? How many more stitches can I try to ease into the arms eye?

Uggg.........

From the small in this pattern to the largest size there was only a 17 stitch increase between the 5 sizes. Not really a huge increase if you really think about it. I have gone up an additional 10 stitches to a 27 stitch increase, but it still pulls awkwardly across my shoulder area.

Now if you do all the math for the sleeve cap it actually should have about 1 3/4 inch ease now. I followed the instructions outlined in the new knitty article, but obviously that didn't work. So the only thing I can guess is that it has something to do with the open cable in the middle of the sleeve.

Any one have any ideas? At this rate I may follow what one of the people who posted a comment said, "Oh... I know this pattern. That sleeve is hell! I ripped my entire sweater because of those sleeves. They look great in the magazine, but I couldn't get anything to work. Good Luck!

Heidi"

No comments:

Post a Comment