Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

MG: quiet as a mouse...

a warm mouse... wearing stranded stockings. working hard and stressed over my research, but i have norwegian stockings to keep my toes toasty.


i had trouble getting adequate photos until Kitty Kitty suggested placing my feet directly against the windows. thanks, Kitty Kitty.




Norwegian Stockings:
pattern-
in Folk Socks by Nancy Bush. yarn-knitpicks Palette in Bark (1.5 balls), Twig (less than one ball), and Sky (just a teeny bit). needles-3.3mm (japanese size 4) clover mini circulars; 3.25mm (US3) clover bamboo DPNs for cuffs and toes; 2.75mm (US2) clover bamboo DPNs inner halves of the elastic casing. modifications-knitted casing and elastic in the cuffs; my own color pattern for the heel flaps; adjusted number of gusset and toe decreases for fit; 3-needle bindoff for toe closure rather than a bellybutton gather.

i love my stockings. first fair isle; first gusset heel; definitely more colorwork stockings for me. thanks to Eunny for the inspiration. thanks to Jess for piquing my fair isle interests. and a big thank you to MJ for the knit-along.

going to be hermitic a while longer to battle me, myself, and i on research. hope you are well.

19 comments:

  1. they are BEAUTIFUL! wow! love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are BEAUTIFUL. Oh, I realise I just typed exactly the same thing as Kris, but it really is true. I am slightly awe-struck. Lucky you to have such magic socks to wing you along in your research. Hope the battle with yourself isn't too bloody. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your stockings came out amazing. All the fair isle looks so neat and tidy and they fit perfectly. Great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous, gorgeous! the fit looks perfect and the stranding tensioned perfectly and all that good stuff. go you!

    about the battle, i hear ya. i'm ordering some knitpicks' alpaca to make some lace, since i'm scared to think what will happen to my sanity/battle/etc if i don't have something to keep my hands busy. anyhow, good luck and make sure to treat yourself now and then, you deserve it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. some of the best ones i've seen! great color choices. can't believe its your first fair isle. did you block them?

    wow thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, beautiful! And your stranding is perfect. The blue is a nice counterpoint. Well done!

    - MJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. such beautiful socks! i am completely amazed and impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous socks. The inside looks just as goods as the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. See...... The blue adds the perfect finishing touch. It sets off the entire sock beautifully. I don't think they would be the same without it. I love them and they look great on you.

    So, I don't want to hear any more blue bashing.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS! The color combination is perfect! I love the touch of blue. Beautiful knitting. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful! the colors turned out so perfectly - the robin's egg blue is wonderful. glad to be a fair isle enabler!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely! Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, these may be my favorite out of the group.

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice new threads

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome, Beautiful! Be proud. Such inspirational work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! These are amazing. I do not have the attention span to knit these days, but I am drooling over those socks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. they're so pretty! please keep us posted on how they wear ... i have a box of palette (sp?) but have not tried the yarn out for socks....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Did you actually make those? How lovely

    ReplyDelete