Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Saturday, September 08, 2007

kitty: updated knitting needle and crochet hook conversion charts

Just wanted to let you know that I just added a few other brands to the Knitting Needle and Crochet Hook Conversion Charts US / UK/ Metric/ Japanese page on the site. I am currently on a quest to find a brand that is available in the US that stocks a 4.8mm needle or a Japanese size 9. So far I haven't had any luck what so ever. So while I have been on manufactures sites, I though I might as well update my charts.

Currently I have been using my Holtz & Stein Rosewood size 5.0mm to substitute for a 4.8mm since when I measured the needle it actually measured 4.85mm instead of the marking, which was 5.0mm. I have only been fortunate/lucky enough to pick up 3 pairs of Holz & Stein needles, but the ones that I own all measure .05mm to .15 mm smaller than the actual marked measurements. Even with the questionable sizes I am more than glad to overlook this problem for the joins alone on the needles. By far these are my favorite circular needles on the market. (I got mine from Knitty Noddy if you are looking for them)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the chart update. But I have to ask--is your gauge really that sensitive to small increments of needle size?

    I adore my H&S ebonies and have been looking for a way to convert my dps to circulars. I need to find a good woodworker. No luck so far, alas.

    ReplyDelete