Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

kitty: friends don't let friends knit the habu knit felt shawl

item #: Knit Felt Shawl - Kit 73
Pattern: Setsuko Torii
finished size: 120 inches * 30 inches
Habu Stainless A-20/21 1/20
Habu Super Fine Merino A-177

Wow, it is finally finished. After a year to the day I cast of probably the most boring project that I have ever tried to knit. Although I am truly in love with the end project, I would not suggest this knit to anyone!

Though the reality of the situation after having a long conversation with MG, is that I do have an expectation of how long it should take me to knit a project so that is a lot of the problem. Knowing my knitting speed I expect a project to take no longer than a month if I put my mind to it. Well the combination of the hair like steel and merino caused that month to only equal about 15inches. So the duration of the project has seemed to last for what seemed like a life time.

I apologies to all my knitting friends who have listened to me cry, whine, and complain about this project. Thanks for listening and keeping to knitting this.

Now the question: To felt or not?

OH... and M bought me a new camera for our 14th anniversary of our first date. It was a total and complete surprise. So half of the photos above were taken with the aid of a mirror and the rest were taken by M with my new camera.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, it's stunning! So stylish and beautiful. It's such a shame you didn't enjoy making it, but I hope you can enjoy wearing it now :)
    As for the felting... it looks so drapey and fluid and beautiful as it is, I'd probably vote against the felting. But I'm sure it'd still be beautiful if you did.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you should felt it. It looks so elegant as it is now.

    ReplyDelete