Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

kitty: dreaming of fall 2009

The weather outside is really frightful! Winter is definitely still with us, so the thoughts of warm fuzzy woolens are really in my thoughts. Valentines day is also coming up so I kind of got the idea maybe to make M a sweater. Though he probably wouldn't get to wear it until next fall. So I thought maybe I should check what they are saying will be the fall trends in men's knitwear for fall 2009.

First step was to do some research on what the colour trends were going to be for next fall.

The Pantone Spring 2009 downloadable pdf is online.
Color Trends for Autumn/Winter 2009/2010 Season

FALL 2009 MEN'S KNITWEAR RUNWAY INSPIRATIONS

all images below are from men.style.com

ANN DEMEULEMEESTER
EMPORIO ARMANI
 
HERMES
JEAN PAUL GAULTIER
link to collection
MISSONI
link to collection
 
MOSCHINO
 
NUMBER (N)INE
link to collection
PRINGLE OF SCOTLAND
 
YOHJI YAMAMOTO
Elements that really drew my eye when I was going through the pages

Alexander McQueen had these amazing accents of red gloves. The collection was pretty much muted tones except for these amazing fingerless gloves.

Link to the collection

Check out the detail of this Lavin sweater. It appears that they top stitched a sheer fabric over a gray cardigan. I am always impressed by the details at Lavin.

link to the collection

Dolce & Gabbana hasn't done much for me for several seasons. M still lives in his D&G jeans since they actually fit his body frame, but that is about all for the line. I did like the piping accent above the ribbing on this sweater and the icord finishing of the cast on edge.

link to the collection

No comments:

Post a Comment