Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

kitty: library

A few of you may remember back during the summer of 2007, Fleegle posted a post titled "Now that we have Mastered Knitting in Japanese.... Let's Learn Danish!"

Here is the book that she had just found and tempted us with the creations within the covers.

Feminin strik
by Lene Holme Samsøe
ISBN: 8711265965
ISBN-13: 9788711265963

Fleegle posted a links to where you could purchase it from: here

I bought a copy of it last year for Mia for her birthday, but I just couldn't bring myself to order myself a copy. I didn't need to start collecting books in another language. I had to repeat this to myself many times.

Wonders among wonders though, Interweave has brought it out and I have my copy in hand.

Feminine Knits: 22 Timeless Designs
By: Samsoe, Lene Holme
2009/06 - Interweave Press Additional images
ISBN: 1596681403

Ingram Annotation: Fall in love with knitting all over again with this intriguing pattern collection that blends captivating designs with flattering, feminine silhouettes. Knitters will be eager to start and delighted to finish each project that includes skirts, jackets, tank tops, pullovers, and accessories. An excellent showcase of texture, lace, and unusual pattern construction, each project is inspired by current and vintage fashion and the mathematical aspect of design. Featuring projects for every season, skill level, time commitment, and occasion, each collection is full of elegant finishing and the kind of impeccable detail that makes transforms each piece into a classic. This manual, packed to the brim with timeless yet fashionable patterns, also features beautiful photographs that highlight the detail and feminine silhouettes of each finished piece.

There are a couple of patterns that I think are super cute, I am not to sure I would actually make them, but my long desire of owning the book is now complete. You do not want to know how many times I went to Fleegle's site to look at the pictures. (Favorites - Plissé - Nederdel )

2 comments:

  1. Bangs head on the table. Now I want the translation. Bah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! the ebony needles are lovely to knit with.

    ReplyDelete