Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Monday, June 22, 2009

kitty: second night of Candle night

Textured Shawl Start of Day 2 of Candle Night

It is disturbing when you think about how much effort you have to go through to unplug your life for just a couple of hours a day. Just turning off a ups will send shrieking sirens to go off while electronics still run on battery power for several hours. Taking all rechargeable items off outlets. Unplugging cable boxes and clocks so they don't pull power.

And then there is the draw of a computer, cell phone, telephone, tv, DS, PSP, ipod... that we just take things for granite.

Pattern: textured shawl recipe
Fiber: Habu A-1B Kakishibu Tsumugi Silk
Colour: 52

1 comment:

  1. That looks to be lovely! On another Habu kick, hum?

    Unplugging here is just a matter of closing the lids on the various laptops...something I do on occasion just to rest my brain.

    Thanks for the kind words on my spinning. The spindle is Karelian birch and it's fabulous. I admit that I also ordered one from KCL, but that won't be here for a month. I've gone over to the dark side...

    ReplyDelete