Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Sunday, June 20, 2010

kitty: Ori Ami Knits arrives in hardcover - Duplicity Pullover by Olga Buraya-Kefelian

Pattern: Duplicity Pullover by Olga Buraya-Kefelian
Book: Ori Ami Knits
Fiber: Habu Textiles A-1
Tsumugi Silk Habu Textiles A-148 Wool Stainless Steel
Colour: 14 & 52 in A-1
??? A-148


I am so happy to say that my hardbound copy of Ori Ami Knits arrived a few weeks ago. If you haven't checked it out yet, it is certainly worth a look at either Ori Ami Knits or the group on Ravelry. The pattern collection are the creation of Olga Buraya-Kefelian and Vanessa Yap-Einbun, with two patterns written by Kirsten Johnstone.

The book is absolutely lovely and as you all already know I am addicted to Habu yarns so the book is perfect. The patterns are a little edgy with interesting constructions techniques, but most importantly to me they are available in 10 different pattern size ranges. So even us Rubenesque girls are in luck.

It is so rare that you can find trendy designs that are available for the 32 inch bust as well as the 50 inch bust. So thank you so much girls for treating us all with respect! (It means more than you can imagine. I am so tired of being treated as a second class citizen particularly by indie designers.)

Duplicity marks the second sweater in the book I have started. The first (Abyss by Olga Buraya-Kefelian) is still setting on the shelf behind me waiting for me to sew the last few snaps on and it will be done. But in 80 degree weather the thoughts of a cardigan seem really unnecessary.

For me the book represents a great source of patterns to use up my stash. I have been setting on two bins of Habu yarns looking for a book just like this. Though I love the patterns by Setsuko Torii there are not that many of them on the market and they all begin to look the same. Olga and Vanessa have brought us a new Fresh Outlook on design to use with our much loved fibers.

No comments:

Post a Comment