Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Monday, December 06, 2010

kitty: online resource for Norwegian Folk Stitch Patterns

Digitalt Museum - The Norwegian Folk Museum


Mitten

Motive: Mittens , gloves Selbu
Motivklassifikasjon Suit (OD 291)
Motivemneord Suit
Alternative number OV09135
Identification: NF.12118-008

Wow... that is all I can say. If you are looking for a good online resource for Norwegian Folk Stitch Patterns, look no further. When I was doing research on Historical textiles it was my dream of being able to put the OSU textile collection on the computer. While I was there the department actually wrote several grants in hopes to get the equipment to make this type of site possible. Sadly they never received the grant.

I was so excited to see that the Norwegian Folk Museum was making there collection available to the public. Lets hope more museums will get the funding to make this happen.

1 comment: