Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Thursday, February 10, 2011

kitty: colour of the year

"A Color for All Seasons
Courageous. Confident. Vital. A brave new color, for a brave new world. Let the bold spirit of Honeysuckle infuse you, lift you and carry you through the year. It’s a color for every day – with nothing “everyday” about it."
Pantone / fashion + Home

 

As today launches Mercedes Fashion Week(NEW YORK FASHION WEEK . FEBRUARY 10 – 17, 2011), I thought it would be appropriate to do a post about the official colour of 2011. So not sure how many of us will be wearing Honeysuckle this year, but the colours for spring and fall are certainly happy.

I really love the colours particularly for fall. Though I really haven't seen many yarn companies picking up these colours for the spring line up.

Pantone Spring 2011 Report - Pantone Fall 2011 Report

Honeysuckle, Coral Rose, Peapod, Beeswax, Silver Peony, Russet, Regatta, Blue Curacoa, Lavender, Silver Cloud
Bamboo, Emberglow, Honeysuckle, Phlox, Cedar, Deep Teal, Coffee Liqueur, Nougat, Orchid Hush, Quarry
All images and colours were taken from the Pantone website.

3 comments:

  1. Ick.. they can keep their "honeysuckle" shade to themselves! I really love the other colors though.. especially the Fall 2011 palette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I love the Honeysuckle--a beautiful red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what a gorgeous palette they have created for spring! I love them all... and thank goodness they are all in my wardrobe already. I would love a colorway with Honeysuckle, Beeswax and Silver Cloud... that would be heavenly.

    ReplyDelete