Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Sunday, November 21, 2004

meow: snake scarf













hello! i'm back with knitting to share!

i wanted to make something for my hubby, so he picked out the snake scarf from Knitting Pretty for himself. i splurged on Bouton D'Or Tao yarn (80% wool, 20% kid mohair) in lave and ecume (blue and pale gray), and here is what emerged:

i'm quite pleased with him; he is full of harmless snake-cuteness. the yarn is yummy--soft, lustruous, and lofty. that along with the tubular coil of the stockinette stitch makes for a warm and cuddly scarf. his iridescent blue button eyes give him quite a bit of personality (i have a weakness for button eyes, actually, for buttons in general). look at his friendly face:

my current WIP is another scarf, but more on that later... meow.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't mind that I copied this(but you're more adept at placing copy than I am) on my "Sampler" blog.

    ReplyDelete