Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Friday, February 25, 2005

Kitty: Tea Report

Tasting Tea

Fetch my own spring water,
Fragrant with fallen flowers,
Set up a fire in a marble stove
Try out my new tea,
Lying under the green shades in a tranquil garden
Listening to the bees
Reporting their latest harvest.

Poem by Sung Dynasty poet Tai Bing, translated by Martin Tai (1998)

Ah. one of life's true luxury, a cup of good tea with a close friend. Well, I wish that I was sharing a cup of tea with my secret pal, but alas her identity is still unknown. Audrey here will have to suffice for now.

The tea is quite lovely, a black tea with a slight taste of guava and violet. There were also rose petals and marigold leaves in the tea, but I really couldn't pick up much taste just there aroma. A very good choice indeed. I may have to order more when I am done from there website. Thank you dear secret pal and yes you were correct no tea bags for this girl.

On the knitting front.... 1 cm left on the back of my sweater. I didn't feel like binding off the shoulders last night.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment