Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

kitty: #48 & #47 socks - tuesday update

Sock #48: M's Sport Sock
Completion date: May 27, 2007
Yarn: Crystal Palace Panda Cotton
Colour: Ivory
Content: 55% Bamboo, 24% cotton, 21% elastic nylon
Pattern: My Own

So what do you do when your husband will only wear white socks and request cotton? You would think that your options would be wide open and there would be lots of choices. - Wrong. People want soft warm socks or tough long lasting socks in bright and wonderful colours.

So when Loopy Ewe started to carry the Crystal Palace Panda Cotton I ordered two hanks of the yarn right away. I had read lots of warnings that the yarn splits a lot and is hard to knit with. Unfortunately, these are all true, but the fabric that is created is absolutely lovely. It feels like an old fashion terry cloth almost. One warning though, the yarn can not with stand any type of ripping. It is plied to lightly and any ripping leaves you with a stringy undesirable thread.

The pattern is my own since I was handed a generic white sock and told this is what a sock is suppose to look like. So no imagination here in design

Sock #47: Generic Sock
Completion date: May 28, 2007
Yarn: Indie Dyer - can not find label
Colour: Spider Love
Content: Wool
Pattern: My Own

This weekend was a pretty weird one and to deal with everything that was going on in my personal life I organized my sock yarn. It brought me more stress, but I also have a good idea of what I have now in the stash. (enough for 72 pairs of socks)

This was the first Indie Yarn that I bought for socks. I wouldn't have bought it today, but it still has the honor of being the first. I just knitted a simple generic sock to deal with the size of the yarn and the dye pattern.

Tuesday Tally
Sock #52 - Broken Rib in Apple Laine - Apple Pie
Sock # - Happy Birthday in unknown
Sock #51 - Jaywalkers in Sweet Georgia
Sock #49 - Twisted Flower Sock Pattern in Louet Gems Pearl
Sock #50 - Jaywalkers in Sweet Georgia
Sock #48 - M's Sport Sock
Sock #47 - Spider Love

3 comments:

  1. Thank goodness they told you what a sock is supposed to look like! :)
    Well, it sounds like they weren't much fun to knit, but they do look good. I'm curious, though: would he wear a pair of log cabin socks? That pattern is really beautiful (I have it in my to-do list) and they could be white or off-white and still be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people are really picky. Not naming names of course.

    And I like the Spider Love socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. for those wholesalers who sell sporting kits & wears can place a custom order for these professional funky cycling socks wholesale pairs which are certain to impress big time. custom cycling sock

    ReplyDelete