Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Monday, July 09, 2007

kitty: mystery stole 3 - cont.

Yarn: Habu Textile : A-81 Kinari 1/6 wool
Content: 100% wool
Weight: Fingering
Needles: US 3 (36 stitches to 4 inches)
Cost: 19.96 for approx 1581 yards


I have been holding out a lot on crafty post as of late. Seems like the world is closing in on time with to many major deadlines, 4th, and then a Gaming Convention to attend. So I have been lax on the post so here is the first of many to come in the next couple of days.

Clue I for Mystery Stole 3, has been completed for a while and I even lightly blocked it to see if I liked the yarn with the pattern. I really like how nicely defined the stitches are in the Kinari yarn. The weight may be a little heavy for the pattern, but certainly not enough to start over again with a different yarn.

The Stole is going pretty quickly I finished the first half of the pattern while standing in line for the iPhone and then the 2nd half while waiting on hold with AT&T to get my phone activated. Given the fact that I was on hold for 8 hours the 2nd half got done in no time at all. Of course then I was left with nothing on the needles and was to frustrated to think about what to knit. (I love the phone, but it took 28 hours for it to get activated so that left a nasty taste in the mouth.)

I haven't decided whether or not I like the pattern yet. I don't dislike it, but I think my control freak side is coming into play. This may not be the kind of KAL for me in the long run. The unknown is giving me fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment