Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

kitty: Generosity, PIF Memes and the meaning of giving and getting

Katrin posted a couple days ago about a new meme that is starting to float around and the idea really moved me. The meme deals with the meaning of giving and getting.

I have meet so many wonderful people through blogging, some of which have become my dearest friends. MG and I often comment about how it is so weird when you think about how much crafting and a blogging brings us together. So I just wanted to say thank you all for becoming our friends and sticking with us through the good and the bad.

As a whole I think we all love getting mail, well unless it is bills . Nothing excites me more than an unexpected postcard, a surprise brown treasure box, or a card in the mail box. I have received so many treasures in my short blogging life.

So it is time to PAY IT FORWARD!!!!!

“I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.”

And if you are not one of the first 3, please go ahead and leave a comment you too will get something in your mailbox over the next 365 days.

Thank you all!

PS. Don't forget that blogger doesn't always make it easy to find your email. So please leave your blog's url so I can find you.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I know you and that you will make the gift. But you already give me so much with your friend ship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking of sending a blogger something nice that I've done. And this would be a wonderful time to do it.

    If you can forward me any more info (the meme), that would be great!

    ReplyDelete