Home > Knitbuddies > Welcome

Friday, February 12, 2010

kitty... sadness

… The phone beeped with the breaking news announcement from CNN. A common occurrence it seems these days with one tragedy or another, but today was different. When M picked up the phone he read the news, British Fashion Designer Alexander McQueen is dead. I couldn’t believe it. I reached for the phone I thought he was joking, McQueen is only 40 how could he be dead. It is one week until he was to show if next collection at British fashion week. I didn’t want to hear the words that had just come out of his mouth. I had to read the words for my self. Alexander McQueen was dead. My hand couldn’t even hold the phone at that point; it just fell from my fingers while utter disbelief crossed my face.

Though I didn’t know McQueen I had followed his story and rise to fame in the news over the past years. What a tragic loss. A rare talent extinguished in the prime of his life. I am still just in utter disbelief. My heart greaves at his loss and goes out to his family.

GOD SAVE MCQUEEN
May you rest in peace under
the Union Jack you loved so much

No comments:

Post a Comment